- Available:In stock925
- Availability date:2020-07-30
- Dosage form:Bottle
- In stock:925 Items
Pertussin syrup is used for the symptomatic treatment of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract, accompanied by cough: bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia, whooping cough.
1 g of syrup contains (active substances):
- thyme herb extract (Serpilli herba) liquid (1: 1) (extractant - ethanol 30%) - 120 mg;
- potassium bromide - 10 mg.
Excipients: sugar syrup, ethanol 96%, purified water.
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, including bromides or other plants of the Lamiaceae family, as well as sensitivity to celery and birch pollen (a cross reaction is possible);
- age up to 4 years;
- decompensation of the cardiovascular system, arterial hypotension, severe atherosclerosis, anemia, kidney disease with impaired function, diabetes mellitus, alcoholism.
Mode of application
- adults and children over 12 years old - one tablespoon (15 ml) 3 times a day;
- children aged 4 to 6 years - ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) 3 times a day;
- children aged 6 to 9 years - one teaspoon (5 ml) 3 times a day;
- children aged 9 to 12 years - one dessert spoon (10 ml) 3 times a day.
Children under 6 years of age, a single dose of the drug - ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) - must be dissolved in two dessert spoons (20 ml) of chilled boiled water.
The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor depending on the course of the disease, the nature of the complex therapy and tolerability of the drug.
Due to the lack of sufficient data, it is not recommended to use the drug during pregnancy and lactation.
Use the drug for children from 4 years old as prescribed by a doctor.
Since the drug contains alcohol, patients should be careful when driving or using other mechanisms.
In case of an overdose, side effects may intensify. Therapy is symptomatic.
With prolonged use, the phenomena of bromism are possible: skin rash, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, gastroenterocolitis, general weakness, ataxia, bradycardia. The treatment of bromism is to stop taking the drug and increase the excretion of bromine salts (the appointment of large amounts of sodium chloride, liquid, diuretics).
Gastrointestinal upsets (including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) are possible.
Allergic reactions to the components of the drug are possible.
In the event of any adverse events, consult a doctor.
Store in the original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 4 years.