- Available:In stock1424
- Availability date:2020-07-30
- Dosage form:Powder (Bottle)
- In stock:1424 Items
Bactolox Injection Powder is indicated for:
Treating the following infections in adults and children, including newborns:
- nosocomial pneumonia;
- respiratory tract infections in patients with cystic fibrosis;
- bacterial meningitis;
- chronic otitis media;
- malignant external otitis media;
- complicated urinary tract infections;
- complicated infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- complicated abdominal infections;
- infections of bones and joints;
- peritonitis associated with dialysis in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis.
Treatment of bacteremia that occurs in patients as a result of any of the above infections.
Bactolox can be used to treat patients with neutropenia and fever resulting from a bacterial infection.
Bactolox can be used to prevent infectious complications during operations on the prostate gland (transurethral resection).
When prescribing Bactolok, its antibacterial spectrum should be taken into account, directed mainly against gram-negative aerobic ones.
Bactolox should be used with other antibacterial agents if it is expected that a number of microorganisms that caused the infection do not fall within the spectrum of action of ceftazidime.
Prescribe the drug in accordance with existing official recommendations for the appointment of antibacterial agents.
Active substance: ceftazidime;
1 bottle contains ceftazidime pentahydrate equivalent to ceftazidime - 1.0 g;
Excipients: sodium carbonate anhydrous.
Hypersensitivity to ceftazidime or other components of the drug.
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporin antibiotics.
A history of severe hypersensitivity (e.g., anaphylactic reaction) to other beta-lactam antibiotics (penicillins, monobactams, and carbapenems).
Mode of application
Bactolox is administered by injection or infusion or by deep intramuscular injection. The recommended areas for intramuscular administration are the upper outer quadrant of the gluteus maximus muscle or the lateral part of the thigh.
Ceftazidime solutions can be administered directly into a vein or into an intravenous infusion system if the patient receives parenteral fluids.
The dose depends on the severity of the disease, sensitivity, localization and type of infection, as well as the age and function of the patients kidneys.
Acquired antibiotic resistance differs in different regions and may vary over time, and for individual strains can vary significantly. It is advisable to use local (local) antibiotic susceptibility data, especially in the treatment of severe infections.
Pregnant women should be prescribed only when the benefits of its use exceed the possible risk.
Apply to children from the first days of life.
No relevant studies have been conducted. But the occurrence of adverse reactions such as dizziness can affect the ability to drive vehicles or other mechanisms.
An overdose can lead to neurological complications, such as encephalopathy, convulsions, and coma. Overdose symptoms may occur in patients with renal failure, if the dose is not reduced accordingly. The serum ceftazidime concentration can be reduced by hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
- Infections and infestations. Infrequently - candidiasis (including vaginitis and stomatitis).
- Circulatory and lymphatic systems. Often - eosinophilia and thrombocytosis. Infrequently - leukopenia, neutropenia and thrombocytopenia.
- The immune system. Frequency unknown - anaphylaxis (including bronchospasm and / or arterial hypotension).
- Nervous system. Infrequently - dizziness, headache.
- Vascular disorders Often - phlebitis or thrombophlebitis at the injection site.
- Gastrointestinal tract. Often - diarrhea. Infrequently - nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and stitches.
- Hepatobiliary. Often - a transient increase in the level of one or more liver enzymes (ALT, AST, LDH, GGT, alkaline phosphatase).
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue. Often - maculopapular rash or urticaria.
- General disorders and disorders at the injection site. Often - pain and / or inflammation at the injection site.
The simultaneous use of high doses of the drug with nephrotoxic drugs can adversely affect kidney function.
Like other antibiotics, Bactolox can affect the intestinal flora, which leads to a decrease in estrogen reabsorption and a decrease in the effectiveness of combined oral contraceptives.
Store in the original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 2 years.