- Available:In stock901
- Availability date:2020-07-30
- Dosage form:Tablets
- In stock:901 Items
Pecef tablets are used to treat infections in adults caused by pathogens sensitive to the drug, such as:
- acute sinusitis;
- acute bronchitis;
- exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
- bacterial pneumonia.
The active ingredient is cefpodoxime (one coated tablet contains cefpodoxime proxetil equivalent to 200 mg cefpodoxime).
Excipients: calcium carboxymethyl cellulose, corn starch, crospovidone (type B), lactose monohydrate, sodium lauryl sulfate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, Opadry White 03H58900 (hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E 171), propylene glycol).
- hypersensitivity to cefpodoxime or other drugs of the cephalosporin group, or to any of the excipients;
- immediate and / or severe hypersensitivity reactions (anaphylaxis) to a history of penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics;
- rare hereditary galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome.
Mode of application
For adults, the drug is administered orally 2 times a day with an interval of 12 hours with meals.
Acute bacterial sinusitis - two tablets of 200 mg per day (1 tablet (200 mg) in the morning and evening). In acute maxillary sinusitis, the use of the drug for 5 days is effective.
Tonsillitis - 100 mg 2 times a day.
Acute bronchitis - 200 mg 2 times a day.
Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis - 200 mg 2 times a day.
Bacterial pneumonia - 200 mg 2 times a day.
Elderly patients. Dose adjustment for elderly patients with normal renal function is not required.
Impaired renal function. Cefpodoxime dose adjustment is not necessary if creatinine clearance exceeds 40 ml / min. If creatinine clearance is below 40 ml / minute, the daily dose is reduced by half and taken 1 time per day.
Renal failure. Dose adjustment for patients with renal failure with creatinine clearance 40 ml / min / 1.73 m3 need not. If the creatinine clearance value is lower than this indicator, the dose must be adjusted accordingly:
- 39-10 - a single dose (100 mg or 200 mg depending on the type of infection, the duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease and is determined individually) is prescribed as a single dose every 24 hours (that is, half the usual dose for adults);
- ˂ 10 - a single dose (100 mg or 200 mg depending on the type of infection, the duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease and is determined individually) is prescribed as a single dose every 48 hours (that is, a quarter of the usual dose for adults);
- hemodialysis patients - a standardized dose (100 mg or 200 mg depending on the type of infection, the duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease and is determined individually) is prescribed after each dialysis session.
Impaired liver function. Dose adjustment is not required.
There are no clinical data on the effects of cefpodoxime proxetil on pregnancy. Taking into account the expected benefits, the use of cefpodoxime during pregnancy can be considered, despite insufficient clinical data and animal studies. Caution is advised to prescribe the drug to pregnant women if necessary. Animal studies indicate that there is no direct or indirect negative effect of the drug on pregnancy, embryonic / fetal development, childbirth or postpartum development.
Cefpodoxime passes into breast milk, so it is recommended that you stop breast-feeding during the treatment period.
To date, there is no information on the use of the drug in children.
During treatment with cefpodoxime, cases of dizziness were reported, which may affect the ability to drive a car or work with other mechanisms.
In case of an overdose of cefpodoxime, supportive and symptomatic therapy is indicated. In case of an overdose, in particular in patients with renal failure, retroactive encephalopathy may develop. The specific antidote is unknown.
Digestive system disorders were mainly observed: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. Common disorders: asthenia, fatigue, malaise.
Store at a temperature below 25 ° C, out of the reach of children.
Shelf life is 3 years.